Dusit joins Social Giver to help raise funds for healthcare workshops for schools in rural Thailand

Award-winning online platform allows hotels to sell heavily discounted room packages (tell your friends!) while 70% of revenue goes directly towards a local charitable cause.

Four owned Dusit Hotels & Resorts in Thailand have embraced the company’s ongoing sustainability initiatives by joining Thailand-based social enterprise Social Giver to leverage available occupancy and help raise funds for the SATI Foundation, which provides healthcare workshops for underserved schools nationwide.

Established in 2013, Social Giver gives hotels, restaurants, and other businesses the chance to donate experiences in the form of gift cards which the website’s users then pay for as they would do on any other booking/shopping website. The big difference is that 70% of revenue goes directly towards the charitable cause of the business’s choice. This means consumers can save money while giving back to society at the same time. The remaining 30% is used by Social Giver to sustain and grow its unique giving ecosystem.

In Thailand, Dusit Thani Hua Hin, Dusit Thani Pattaya, Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, and dusitD2 Chiang Mai have each donated gift cards to Social Giver. Savings range from 55% off for a one-night’s stay with breakfast at Dusit Thani Hua Hin (only THB 4,999) to 79% off for a two-night’s stay with breakfast at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket (only THB 5,000). The sale of each card will directly benefit the SATI Foundation.

The programme will run through December 2020. Based on the success of the project, Dusit’s Sustainability Committee will look to invite more hotels in Thailand to join the worthy cause. International hotels will be invited when Social Giver expands its operations outside of the kingdom (a move the enterprise is currently exploring).

More details are available here.

Don’t forget to tell your friends about these amazing offers!